Delaney’s bistro: Some Reviews
This is a professionally run restaurant with experienced waiters. Our pre dinner drinks and appetizers were amazing (fried green tomato with shrimp and sauce) was perfect. Dinner and wine excellent. Ribeye and veal about the best we’ve had. Asparagus and potatoes excellent. Taste, temperature and appearance perfect. Desert and espresso (chocolate moose and key lime pie) again perfect taste and appearance. We were not rushed and all questions were politely answered. Nice atmosphere, clean and quaint. Prices as expected. Thank you!
Very nice. Due to the cost I will be critical, but don’t misunderstand; I enjoyed myself very much. The service was prompt. I did not understand the clearing of the plates and forks, then the bringing of the next course before the replacement utensils were brought. This happened between every course. The coffee was okay, it was some kind of pod like coffee maker. A few grounds escaped into the cup, and it had a foam on top. I wasn’t looking for a cappuccino. We had escargot, the soup of the day, the veal from the menu, the halibut fish of the day, and the creme brulee. Most of the food was warmish. I did not complain because most of it had really good flavor and was edible for sure. I was not impressed with the escargot and the roquefort cheese sauce. Could not make out any rookford flavor. White wine garlic and butter I think would have been my preference. The asparagus and potatoes were on point, but like I said, just warm. The creme brulee was wonderful, but I’ve never understood serving an edible garnish That you must remove the inedible part before you eat it. Especially when you’re talking about the green on a strawberry and the dessert is not served with a knife so you were left picking at it with your fingers and trying to remove it with a spoon. But, with the strawberry it lent a wonderful slight fruity taste in just a hint of sour to an otherwise fantastic dessert. Don’t misunderstand, I will go back again and fully intend on enjoying myself. I will recommend this place to others, but when you pay $150 for two people to eat, including tip, you expect perfection.
I can not say enough about this place! Such a great experience on all levels. We arrived early (because I had wrong reservation time, my fault) but staff welcomed us with open arms. We had cocktails while waiting for restaurant to open. THEN…we had the best waiter EVER, since my first dining experience! KK was consummate professional server. His knowledge was reeling! The menu, prepared by Chef/owner was fabulous. Then, we’re offered additional “chef selections” for the evening. WOW, WOW, WOW! Delaney’s Bistro is a “must visit restaurant”! 5stars plus, my friends!!!
What kind of meals is Delaney’s Bistro known for?
Delaney’s Bistro is known for its innovative and contemporary American cuisine. The menu features seasonal dishes with a global influence, as well as classic comfort foods with a modern twist. Whether you’re in the mood for a hearty meal or something lighter, there is sure to be something on the menu to please your palate.
The restaurant is also well known for its excellent wine list, which features a wide variety of domestic and international wines. There is also a full bar stocked with premium spirits, beers, and specialty cocktails.
What are some of the highlights on the Delaney’s Bistro menu?
Some of the highlights on the Delaney ‘s Bistro menu include the following:
– Crispy Fried Oysters: These oysters are served with a sriracha aioli and pickled shallots.
– Grilled Rack of Lamb: This dish features a grilled rack of lamb served with a blackberry balsamic reduction and rosemary roasted potatoes.
– Roasted Chicken: This roasted chicken dish is served with a mushroom risotto and a thyme jus.
– Seared Scallops: The scallops are seared and served with a butternut squash puree, Brussels sprouts, and pancetta.
– Vegetable Lasagna: This lasagna is made with roasted vegetables, mozzarella, and a tomato basil sauce.
What are some of the popular cocktails at Delaney’s Bistro?
Some of the popular cocktails at Delaney’s Bistro include the following:
– The Autumn Harvest: This cocktail features bourbon, apple cider, ginger liqueur, and lemon.
– The Bison Grass: This cocktail features vodka, bison grass liqueur, mint, and lime.
– The Blackberry Bramble: This cocktail features gin, blackberry liqueur, lemon, and soda water.
– The Blood Orange Margarita: This margarita is made with tequila, blood orange liqueur, triple sec, and lime.
– The Delaney’s Old Fashioned: This cocktail features bourbon, bitters, sugar, and a cherry.
Does Delaney’s Bistro take reservations?
Yes, Delaney’s Bistro does take reservations. You can make a reservation online or by phone.